• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different quality of prints in PSE 15 editor and organizer

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With exactly the same preference settings, I am finding the quality of printing in organizer markedly different from editor using the same media and printer. Is there an answer to this problem? I use 'optimise for printer' for colour setting.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

In Editor, try Color Settings>optimize for computer screens.

Then, go to File>Print>More options>Color management tab>Color Handling:Printer Manages Color

I never print via the organizer. You reference "quality of printing" in your post. Specifically what is wrong?

Be aware that the print engines in Editor and Organizer are not the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Editor, try Color Settings>optimize for computer screens.

Then, go to File>Print>More options>Color management tab>Color Handling:Printer Manages Color

I never print via the organizer. You reference "quality of printing" in your post. Specifically what is wrong?

Be aware that the print engines in Editor and Organizer are not the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The point is to not to have both PSE and the printer manage color. 

It may also be to your advantage to calibrate the monitor with an external device designed for this purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this can be infuriating.  There are two different print engines in the Organizer and Editor.  Part of the problem seems to be the way the programs interact with the printer's drivers, and there can be all kinds of variations in the settings and multiple conflicting dialogs.  My advice would be to find the program that gives you the best results and always print with it.  I know this does not provide the best workflow but the alternative is to go through numerous settings each time you print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines