• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing Folder in Adobe Elements Organizer

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a folder in the Adobe Elements Organizer but when I went to move the pictures I wanted into it, it disappeared. I can find it in the hard drive, but not through the organizer. Why did it disappear in the Elements Organizer? I have the 2022 Version and I am on a Mac. Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

I created a folder in the Adobe Elements Organizer but when I went to move the pictures I wanted into it, it disappeared. I can find it in the hard drive, but not through the organizer. Why did it disappear in the Elements Organizer? I have the 2022 Version and I am on a Mac. Thanks for any help.

By @Linda22101682wdjp

My guess is that the folder is not 'disappearing': the folder will not appear until you perform one of the following actions :

- you import files from the folder, browsing in the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for doing that Peru Bob. I was not sure what to choose for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Linda22101682wdjp

My guess is that the folder is not 'disappearing': the folder will not appear until you perform one of the following actions :

- you import files from the folder, browsing in the Explorer search window of the 'get files' command

- you use the option to 'show all subfolders' of the parent folder of the newly created folder. That shows all files under that parent folder even if there are no catalogued files in some folders.

The big difference between the folder tree of the explorer and the folder tree of the organizer is that the latter only shows folders having catalogued files or subfolders having catalogued fils.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, that makes sense to me now. I was able to find it when I used the menu options to move the pictures where I wanted them. I was thinking I could just drag them to the folders but when I could not find the folders, thought that it did not create the folder where I wanted it until I searched the computer for them. I had a very old version of Adobe that was purchased at least 13 years ago. That computer that used that program recently died and I had to purchase a new computer and new Adobe program. Lots of learning how this all works. Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines