• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disk Error

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to edit a picture in elements 2024. I click on the picture in my organizer and click editor and this is what I get. Chould not complete your request because of a disk error. Thank you for any help you give me.

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Are you able to open those jpegs directly in the Photoshop Elements Editor using File>Open?

What about if you first copy one of the jpegs from the external drive to your Macs hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of the MAC OS do you have installed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Sonoma 14.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing, it did work a little at the beginning. This is my first mac and I had a lot of trouble with set up.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I have my pictures on a external hard drive and it did work this way. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all file types.i.e tiff, jpeg, files from your camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are jpeg from my old computer. Elements did work for a short period of time. This is my first mac and it has been a rough start and I'm not the best with computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my pictures on a external hard drive and it was working this way. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to open those jpegs directly in the Photoshop Elements Editor using File>Open?

What about if you first copy one of the jpegs from the external drive to your Macs hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your first question and yes that works. I went to file>open and went to my external hard drive clicked on a picture and it came up in editor. I did not try your second question yet. That's odd why it works that way but not through organizer. Is this my only fix, it did work through organizer before. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update, now it's working through organizer. It not real fast on getting the picture from oganizer to elements, but it's working. It's odd that doing your first question seemed to fix it. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines