• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I need Adobe Elements 2020 Organizer.app to run Photoshop?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm having a bit of a clearout.

I use Photoshop most days, but only the Editor.  I don't use Organizer.

Do I need it though, to run Editor?  It's 2.4GB, so uses a heck of a lot of storage for something I don't use.

This is on a MacBook Pro 2020.

Thanks

Simon

TOPICS
How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not need to use no one is forcing you to use it. I use Photoshop not Photoshop Elements.  I do not install Lightroon so I do not even have the option to use  its Library system and I only use Adobe Bridge. To batch some things and also do some meta data editing.  Develop the work flow that works best for you.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I use Photoshop most days, but only the Editor."

When you say you use Photoshop, do you mean you use Photoshop Elements? These are two separate applications, and we can move your post. AFAIK, you don't need to you the Organizer in Elements, but the folks there can clarify.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop Elements forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know nothing about Macs.  In Windows, there is no way to uninstall the Organizer by itself.  I assume it is the same way in Macs.  You can probably delete the program files manually but I would be very careful doing that if I were you.  There are a number of dependencies between the programs and you may get some unintended consequences.  And if you are so concerned about 2.4 GB of storage space on your computer, I think you have bigger issues than the Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines