• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dodgy communications from scammers purporting to be from Adobe.

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked a question on this forum about gifting a copy of elements and received a couple of responses. one of them said I could contact Adobe customer care team at **scam email address** 

I sent an email but the grammar and poor English makes me wonder if this is not a genuine email address. The latest email said this :-

Will Email you the Serial number and Download link for PSE 2021 for Windows.
So, you can send to your Brother-in-Law via Email.
For cancellation and refund kindly provide your Adobe registered Email ID and the Password for Adobe.com

Does this sound correct and does anyone recognise that as the correct email address?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS A SCAM!!!!!  Adobe employees will only use an email from @Deleted User.

You have received a response to your post on this forum which gives you a page on how to officially transfer the license.

If you don't want to go through that process, (and to answer your specific question), if you are willing to give your relative access to your Adobe.com ID, they should be able to sign in with your credentials.  But, they will have to use the same ID at any time in the future.  This is probably not a good idea.

Since I understand you bought the software as a gift and have not used it yourself, I would suggest contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com.  Explain your situation and they may be able to transfer the purchase to a new account set up by your relative.  I don't know if they can do this but it is worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . I assume you were contacted via a Private Message (and notified by email).  Can you please let us know the screen name of the scammer so that we can get them removed from the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindy report the correct Email id **scam email address**

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

REPORT correct Email ID [moderator removed link]

Not **scam email address**

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also received the same message but correct Email is **scam email address**

Not AdobCustomer24x7@outlook.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

REPORT correct Email ID [Moderator removed link]

Not **scam email address**

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ooh I also just got this. Really glad I double checked prior to emailing

I got a private message from https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/23343093 asking me to email Help24x7Adobe@outlook.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines