• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe Elements 2018 support Camera Raw of the Canon R7

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to buy the camera Canon R7. My question is: does Adobe Elements 2018 support the RAW files of this camera?

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not directly.

Take the time to read that faq:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-...

Even the current PSE 2022  could not support it natively. (edit: it has been updated automatically last June).

So, the 'normal' solution for you would be to download the free Adobe DNGconverter mentioned in that faq. That standalone application can batch convert a whole folder your R7 CR3 raw files to the universal DNG raw format that your current PSE version can read and edit with the same quality.

There is another workaround :

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

That would work with PSE2022 and some older versions, but I am not sure about PSE2018.

General rule: each new camera model comes with its own raw format which is not supported by previous versions of the converters (Adobe or third-party).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have contacted Adobe and they say that Adobe 2018 (my question) Adobe Elements 2018 does not support the RAW files of the Canon R7. That's why we bought the Elements 2022 and they report that it does support the RAW files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines