• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Elements still support ACR raw?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 trial (in Windows 10).  I see no evidence or prescence of ACR, or of older Elements menus and tools.  Does Elements still surpport raw editing?   Organizer button reads raw files but is apparently is just a viewer of simplest auto jpg conversions (without .xmp contributions) with almost no editing options.  Elements spawn simply shows three buttons choosing Organizer, Photo Editor or Video Editor (not installed).  Am I doing something stupidly wrong, or does Elements not support ACR any more?

TOPICS
Download and install , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Which very old version of Elements did you use before?

"Elements spawn simply shows three buttons choosing Organizer, Photo Editor or Video Editor (not installed)."

That means you are looking at the welcome screen, not any of the choices it offers: the photo or video editor or the organizer. The welcome screen also offers a text search to find doc help.

Once you have chosen the photo editor, you can check in the menu Help >> about plugin the version of the ACR converter. Any supported raw format

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which very old version of Elements did you use before?

"Elements spawn simply shows three buttons choosing Organizer, Photo Editor or Video Editor (not installed)."

That means you are looking at the welcome screen, not any of the choices it offers: the photo or video editor or the organizer. The welcome screen also offers a text search to find doc help.

Once you have chosen the photo editor, you can check in the menu Help >> about plugin the version of the ACR converter. Any supported raw format (they are specific to each single camera) will open automatically the right user interface and tools. You can use the ACR tools also for non raw files by using the menu 'File > Open in camera raw.

The organizer also recognizes raw files and displays the correct thumbnails. Any import of raw file creates xmp sidecar files. Using the organizer in full screen (F11) displays the rendered version with the saved raw edits.

You may be confused if you are using a very recent raw file of a specific camera which is not yet supported in Elements.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Michael.  It was previously a very old Elements (not used in several years, but it had Raw), and also rather old cameras that would be no problem.  The problem occurred yesterday on day of installation.  The Photo Editor button on that welcome screen tried loading, but then eventually silently failed, reporting and doing nothing. The screen title bar called it Elements, but it wasn't, and I had no idea what to expect. Frustrated.

Today is different (after booting this morning), and it does load Elements and I am seeing the raw that I expected, working as expected, and I have no problem now.  I just did not understand that I had to boot first. Sorry to have bothered, but I think booting fixed it.

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback, Wayne!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines