• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Photoshop Elements 2021 support "Super Resolution in the PSE 2021 program installed Camera Raw?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear, sirs

About the new option in Camera Raw 13.2 called Super Resolution

For me not having the Lightroom Classic nor the latest PS,

I would be thankful for some further information about what is included

and if the Photoshop Elements 2021 maybe supports the so-called enhanced "Super Resolution" in the Photoshop Elements 2021 program

if it is possible to update the installed Camera Raw version from 13 to 13.2,

I guess PSE 2021 comes with version 13.0? 

(The new super-resolution enhance option in Camera Raw, will be included in version 13.2 if I have been informed rightly?)

A very big THANK to you who can help me out with this need, before my purchase of PSE 2021!

Best Regards,

Charl

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post in the Photoshop Elements forum (this is the Photoshop forum):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/bd-p/photoshop-elements?page=1&sort=latest_replies...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Photoshop to PSE.]

Camera Raw and DNG Converter 13.2 is now available.  See below for details.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw/camera-raw-amp-dng-converter-13-2-is-now-available/td-p/11...

Download DNG Converter below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

@ZoeEnPhos,

To avoid confusion, I'm locking your duplicate discussion.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot install ACR 13.2 into Elements 2021.   The Elements version of ACR is a crippled version of the the full Photoshop ACR and I am willing to bet that it will not include Super Resolution in the foreseeable future.

You can download a 30 day free trial of Elements 2021 to see for yourself whether the features meet your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Greg.

Apart from obvious marketing reasons to keep a difference between the 'consumer' and the 'pro' Adobe softwares, the technical reason is that the feature is very slow and requires a lot of hardware and GPU power. It's not a feature expected to be widely used. It works well if you expect very big enlargements or if you want to enhance old files with limited resolution. One of my 35 MB Fuji raw files required 5 minutes to be processed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines