Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does PhotoShop Elements have Neural Filters

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm really excited about what (little) I know of the AI in general and Neural Filters

Does any version of elements have neural filter capability?

Thanks

Doug

TOPICS
Actions , Feature request , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly.  But there are several tools in Elements that use the same AI technology that has been ported over from Photoshop CC.  For example, the CC Style Transfer filter is available in Elements 2022 in the Artistic Effects panel.  The Elements version does not have all of the customization tools available in CC. 

Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, February 18, 2022_11h0m25s_multi.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply.

I'm really looking just for the photo restoration filters, but the trial I downloaded should help me clarify this.

Thanks again

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg, I am new to this community and appreciate your feedback.  since your previous reply dates almost 1 year, I thought of asking for an update.  I bought Photoshop Element 2023 and looking for the neural filters and can't find a straight answer if they are available or how to install them.  When I google how to install it, it leads me to options that are not even displayed in the pull down menus... thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neural filters are found in photoshop.  You cant install them into PSE. 

Photoshop costs me $10.84 a month.  It's the best $10.84 I've ever spent. 2023-01-02_175503.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which specific filter do you have in mind.  Although Elements has a colorize tool, the CC version is far superior IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Norman27768924f6fl,  Elements does not have the neural filters found in Photoshop CC, but it does have some of the AI technology found in the neural filters.  I would not expect that situation to change in the foreseeable future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg, I am very new to Photoshop Element and their advertisement is all about AI.  It is disappointing.  I understand that the technology might be there but will require much more effort.  It's like Microsoft Excel providing a cell add function A1+A2+A3... but doesn't unlock the @SUM function! Oh well...thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ai is used in many of the guided edits / filters found in PSE- however, the Neural filters in Photoshop are simply far superior to what you can use in PSE. 

ABOUT SUBSCRIBING TO PHOTOSHOP:  If you sign up for a year, and decide to quit subscribing after 6 months, you will be charged for 1/2 of time remaining (in this example 3 months.)  You wanna quite after 6 months?  Fine you will be charged a little over $32 to quit.

The benefits, for me anyway, are well worth the cheapest plan, wich in my case costs me $10.84 each month (that's including sales tax).

2023-01-02_175503.png

Above is a screenshot from Photoshop 2023 (which is always automatically updated).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines