• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Photoshop Elements support Camera Raw 12.4 (August 2020 Update)

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Sony A7 III, and I just saw that the plug-in Camera Raw 12.4 (August 2020 Update) just released and it has support for my camera.

When I checked the Compatability page  (   https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html   ), it says that Photoshop Elements 2020 is only compatible through Camera Raw Plug-In version 12.0.  Where as other programs list "Latest Camera Raw Version".  Telling me that Photoshop Elements 2020 may not be compatible with Camera Raw 12.4?

Is anyone able to confirm this?  I don't want to waste money buying Elements 2020 if it turns out I can't access my Sony A7 III raw photos because I can't use Camera Raw 12.4.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Actions , Download and install , Feature request , How to , Performance , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elemenets 2020 does not support ACR 12.4.   I have no idea whether it will do so in the future.  You still have the option to use the free Adobe DNG converter which allows you to batch convert your raw files to the DNG format and use them in Elements 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you happen to know when the next version of Elements is supposed to be released?  I'd like to have a version where my camera raw files are compatible.  I'd imagine the next version will be the one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no knowledge of any release date.   The past four versions were released in October.  I suppose that the global pandemic may cause some delay.  Draw your own conclusion. In the meantime, you can get a 30 day trial of Elements 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines