• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

drag and dropd does not place image in the layers panel where I want it (PSE18)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I drag and drop and image from the photo bin into my layout in the workspace, I position my cursor in the layers panel on the layer below where I want the new image to be placed. However, PSE 2018 puts it somewhere totally different and I then have to drag it to where I want it - see screenshot for an example. This is very frustrating if I have lots of layers.  In PSE14 this never happened but happens all the time in PSE18. What is wrong? I'm using PSE18 on a Macbook Pro.

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the move tool active and your layer selected, look at the tool palette on the bottom: untick the box 'auto select layer'.

If it is ticked, the dragged layer goes just above the visible layer at the spot of the display where you release the drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, Michel, that worked perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines