• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DXO NIK 14 & PSE 2022

Participant ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With earlier version of PSE, I had successfully installed and used the DXO NIK plug-in.

Now with PSE 2022, I would like to install the DXO NIK 14 collection, but I can't find a step-by-step tutorial (other than outdated versions on YouTube) either on the PSE or DXO NIK sites.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Diane, what OS are you using.  I am on Windows and, as noted in my earlier post, I have no problem installing the NIK plug-ins into Elements 2022.  Since you have installed the program as a standalone, I assume that there is a NIK plug-ins folder on your desktop somewhere.  If you can find it, you can go to the Edit>Preferences>Plug-ins dialog and choose the DXO folder as an additional plug-ins folder.

Snap_2021.12.18_10h49m56s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

NIK had a new update.  That fixed the problem.  NIK is now plugged into PSE 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean the Nik Collection 4.

It's really a question for the DxO Nik forums

https://feedback.dxo.com/c/nik-by-dxo/27

However, according to the system requirements, Nik is only compatible with Elements up to version 2021.

https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409113647505-System-requirements-for-Nik-Collection

First need to confirm that it's compatible with Elements 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the free trial of the DXO Nik Collection 4 and it installed automatically (and obtrusively) into Elements 2022.   The installer notes that it will uninstall prior versions of the NIK collection, but I think that the free Google version that I had previously installed was not affected. 

Snap_2021.12.18_1h16m15s_001.png

In terms of compatibility, it looks like the HDR plug-in requires 32-bit images and Elements cannot use those editing functions.  But other plug-ins in the collection seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear @Greg_S. It so often is the case that system requirements is silent on the version you're interested in but the software still installs OK.

I wonder why they don't list 2022 on the system requirements page then? Perhaps they just haven't tested it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, NIK Collection 4.

I posted to the NIK forum, but I have not had a reply.

In PSE 2022, when I open FILTER, Digimarc is listed; and, when I click, it states "Read Watermark".

For now I am using NIK Collection 4 as a STANDALONE.

It is disappointing that for all its high end technology, I cannot unravel how to plug in NIK Collection to PSE 2022 as I did in previous PSE versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane, what OS are you using.  I am on Windows and, as noted in my earlier post, I have no problem installing the NIK plug-ins into Elements 2022.  Since you have installed the program as a standalone, I assume that there is a NIK plug-ins folder on your desktop somewhere.  If you can find it, you can go to the Edit>Preferences>Plug-ins dialog and choose the DXO folder as an additional plug-ins folder.

Snap_2021.12.18_10h49m56s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, thanks! That's all I had to do.  Looking through WINDOWS files and folders is like a labyrinth...for me. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to see.

Curiously, Adobe themselves say the Nik plugin is not compatible with Photoshop Elements

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/nik_compatibility_issue.html

Yet this very discussion says otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Murphy's Law.  My late husband used to allude to it.  Yesterday, BAM, NIK disappeared from PSE 2022! I tried following the steps from above which had previously worked.  Now, PSE 2022 cannot locate the file (although I can view it when I am not trying to add plug-in to PSE 2022).  Guess I'll go to standalone.

Happy New Year!

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NIK had a new update.  That fixed the problem.  NIK is now plugged into PSE 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nik Collection 4.3 was released on 8 Dec 2021. That would have been the same version @Greg_S. successfully installed earlier in this thread.

Is 4.3 the Nik version you're now running in PSE 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good question, John.  I tried to figure out the version:  I checked my download folder and my DXO NIK account. Neither indicate the version number.  I suspect it is 4.3 because I updated on January 2, 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines