• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing search result in Elements 2022?

Contributor ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly new to using Elements (Windows version) and have a rookie question. After putting about 6000 photos into the Organizer section with most all photos keyworded, when I do a search the results will pop up on screen.  Then when I want to edit a specific photo from the search result I don't seem to have access to the Editor function.  I left click or right click the selected photo to no avail.  No other controls on the screen allow me to edit either. So how do I edit a photo after finding it via a search in Elements 2022?  Thanks. 

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Switch to the normal browsing view by clicking on the < sign followed by 'Grid' on the left of the second line.

You get back to the browsing/editing space with the selected files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to the normal browsing view by clicking on the < sign followed by 'Grid' on the left of the second line.

You get back to the browsing/editing space with the selected files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.  It seems so easy once you know the answer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cristphoto1, don't feel badly.  I have been using Elements for about 20 years and more often than not, I make the same mistake of instinctively clicking on the Search results images before clicking on the <Grid button described by Michel.  This is a terrible program behavior.

Snap_2022.08.03_11h42m54s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.  I hit the "Help" at the top of the screen with no help.  I also have a book on Elements 2022 but all it says is the different ways you can make a search.  It doesn't say how to use that result after you made it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines