Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Element 2022 database format

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Easy question. Does Element 2022 still uses the same database format/structure as the 2020 version (i.e. with several thousands of json files). With every new releases, I hoping that adobe will eventually come up with a nore intelligent way of managing this.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More precisely, you are asking about changes in [catalog folder structure] which could involve slight changes in the structure of the sqlite databases included in that folder.

What's easy would be to download the trial version of PSE2022 (provided it uses a required OS version). No change with json files.

I don't use face recognition myself, so I am not bothered with json files.

I suspect you are hinting at storing the face recognition data in sqlitedatabase (similar to storing the thumbnails). That would make a number of backups much faster if possible.

I have no inside info about the reasons of the present solution, but I think that the json text files may be necessary for compatibility with other programs. So, I have no easy answer to your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines