• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Element 2023 Tools on Right Side Panel

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying the trial verion of Elemetns 2023.  Up until now I have been using Elements 11 where in Guided Mode all the tools are very conveniently in a panel on the right side of the image i am editing.  Is 2023 I have to continually return to that idiot page where all the tools are shown in groups with a before/after slider.  How can I place the list of tool to the side of the image I am editing?

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Elements 11 had 26 Guided Edits.  Elements 2023 has more than 50.  So, they are now all arranged in the panels shown in your screenshot rather than in a vertical list on the right.  Once you open a Guided Edit, the actual tools and instructions are in the right hand panel, just as they were in Elements 11.  As I mentioned earlier, there is a Search bar to help you find the Guided Edit you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click HOLD and drag whatever tab, wherever you want it to sit. 

2023-02-12_115100.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the idiot page.  If you are talking about the Quick Mode tab, very little has changed since Elements 11.  If you are talking about Expert Mode, then Glenn has given you the answer.  If you are talking about the Guided Edit Mode, yes there are many changes brought on by far more Guided Edits that are sometimes difficult to find. But the tools themselves are still usually on the right hand side just like they were in Elements 11:

Snap_2023.02.12_19h51m13s_000.png

In fact, some of the Guided Edits are exactly the same.

Now, if you are having difficulty finding a particular tool, the Elments 2023 Guided Edit tab now has a Search tool for guided edits.

Snap_2023.02.12_23h49m13s_008.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the "idiot page" refernce...i was frustrated. In Guided Mode this is what I see...I have not found a way to get the tools in a vertical list on the right side of the window:

PS 2023 Guided.jpg Maybe the solution is staring me in the face and I just don;t see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 11 had 26 Guided Edits.  Elements 2023 has more than 50.  So, they are now all arranged in the panels shown in your screenshot rather than in a vertical list on the right.  Once you open a Guided Edit, the actual tools and instructions are in the right hand panel, just as they were in Elements 11.  As I mentioned earlier, there is a Search bar to help you find the Guided Edit you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  It's not a useful layout for me.  Once I make an edit i am returned to the original page with the panels and if I want to look at the image and decide what to do next I have to switch to the Quick or Expert modes to actually see the image, then back to Guided to make another edit.  I'll stick with Elemetns 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I totally agree, the pictures make the Guided home page virtually unusable, it's like whoa! the whole screen is full of pcitures, far too much info for the ye to take in & quickly find the right section. Unfortunately I've already paid for PSE2023 otherwise this would be a show stopper for me. Just horrible. Also when you have done one of them, say a crop, you either have to save (I'd rather not with jpg as it reduces quality everytime) or go to either Expert or Quick, you can't got straight back to the Guided menu. so annoying.  Rant expressed, disappointe dthere isn't a configuration option to get rid the icon pictures. Just boxes with the titles in would be better, there's only 11 boxes, they could be a side menu easily. ah well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines