• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 12 color swatch docking issues

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 5 year old laptop died.  Boy do I hate change and love standardization.  But that's not relevant to this post. 

I have Elements 12 (and thought I had 13, did I digitally upgrade and now lost that upgrade?  This is why I like discs) and the color swatch panel won't dock.  In the set up on the old computer, I recall having this issue but must have found a solution online.  However, I must not be wording it the same as I can't find any videos for this.  Too outdated, probably.  

Yesterday, my first Elements session on the new laptop, I couldn't even move the panel, it would snap back to where it spawned.  I did do an update and today I can move it, but still can't dock it. 

I had it set up so that the swatches were on the right and the layers were conneceted, on the left, of the swatches panel.  I'm hoping, with someone's help, I can acheive that again.

I did a search here but probably am not wording it correctly to get proper information.

I thank you in advace for your friendly assistance. 

Darcy

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post to a better forum. From Ps to Ps Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Editor, have a look in the Window menu. Is "color swatches" checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Darn, I didn't get notification that someone responded.

Found the problem.  Go to the lower right More area and select custom work space.  Yay!  

Now I can return here and see what to do the next time my computer dies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines