• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 12 installed on new computer and need help with Adjust Color

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of problems with software I've been using for 5 yerrs, now that it's on a new computer and a new version of Windows.

1.  I am trying to replace a color by going to Enhance / Adjust Color /  Replace Color

The color I choose shows at less than 100 % opacity.  I don't see anywhere where there's a setting for that.

I have to select everything and just use the paint brush to replace it properly.  

2.  Elements will only open files that it hasn't opened bofore, via the Open within the program.  Yes, Elements is set at the defualt.  If I click on a file, and Elements isn't open, it will open Elements but the file won't  open.

3.  It opens files in Quick mode unless it's been opened before, and then saved in Expert mode.  It also opens files off center, when in Expert mode.  

None of this happened before.  The first one is the most annoying as it renders that option useless.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My take on this is that this old version of PSE does not function properly on a modern operating system, Suggest that you download the free 30-day trial of PSEv.20 and evaluate it. If this work ok then you may purchase it. Be aware that it is reported that Adobe will come out with a new version of the software this Fall. Keep us posted.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/download-trial/try.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines