• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 14 Reverted to "Free Trial"

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a licenced copy of Elements 14 (I verified this on my Adobe account).  Now when I start it up, I get a screen telling me that my "Free Trial" has expired.  There is no free trial!  I bought and paid for this product.

How do I get around this?

Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us a screenshot of the message you are receiving.   Do not include any personal information.

There should be a dialog where you are given the opportunity to enter your serial number. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I can't provide a screen shot.  That problem has gone away and I cannot reproduce it.  I tried a number of different things to get around this orginal problem but I lost track of all that I tried so I cannot say for sure what it was I did that corrected the situation. 

However, now every time Elements starts up, it forces me to sign in and verify my licence.   As part of this process,  Elements allows me to connect to the Adobe server and successfully sign into my account but at the step where it verifies the licence ("Serial Number Validation" screen), it fails with the error:

"Please connect to the internet to validate your serial number". 

I am obviously connected to the internet if I can log in to my account.  Bizarre!

In the "Serial Number Validation" screen, there is a "Connect Later" button which closes the dialog window after which I can then use Elements.  Kind of ugly but at least I can use the program.

Maybe I should start a new thread for this new problem?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laptop in the shop, i am trying to run my old computer's Elements 14 but I was forced to re-register and even though I have an internet connection, I am getting this after entering the serial number.  I have not figured out how to get past this.   

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Yes that is what I am seeing.  Here is what I did to get around it (temporarily).

In the screen shot you provided, it looks just like what I get but it does not show the buttons at the bottom Cancel/Retry.  I am guessing you cropped those out.

1. I selected the Cancel button in the window (the one from your screen shot)
  2. It then popped up a window with the title "Sign In required", in that window I selected (Not your Adobe ID).
  3. It then popped up a Sign In window where I entered my Adobe user name and password and clicked on the Sign In button
  4. It then popped up a window Serial Number Validation Please connect to the internet to validate your serial number.  It has two buttons Connect Later and Validate
  5. The Validate  button results in a reappearance of the window in your screenshop.
  6. So, instead of Validate, I clicked on Connect Later in that window and
  7. The window closed
  8. I was then able to use Elements without hindrance.

So, kind of a long process and I have to go through it every time I start up Elements but at least it allows me to get the Elements to run (for me).

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know whether this will help with version 14, but try downloading the free Creative Cloud for desktop application.  There is no need to subscribe to anything, but it is my understanding that the application does keep track of some licensing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines