• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 14 set as default but won't open photos

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had PS Elements 14 for a long time. I have it set as the default app for photos in my Windows 10 computer. I USED to be able to double click on a photo anywhere and it would open Elements 14 and have the photo there.  Now when I click on a  photo it still opens Elements - but the photo ISN'T there. I then have to go find the photo and open it from within Elements. 

Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that there is a fix for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathy,

That is not my experience. In WINDOWS 10, things are a little different than in WINDOWS 7 or XP.

Try this:

Right click on a picture file, and in the contextual menu that comes up, select "Open with" and Photoshop Elements Editor should show up as an option.

In previous versions of  WINDOWS, one could elect to select PSE to always open this type of file, but the "sticky" file association has been removed. 

The good news is that PSE opens with the targeted picture file in the work area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did that, but it didn't work for me.  Maybe it's my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines