• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 15 from windows to Mac

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently ditched my aging Windows desktop and purchased an Imac 2020 desktop as I also have a 2021 macbook pro with the new M1 chip.

On my old windows desktop I had Photoshop Elements 2015, downloaded before I took out a Creative Cloud subscription. I hung onto PE15 as I find it useful for simple edits, so am not interested in upgrading but I would like to reinstall it on one of my Apple machines, most likely the Imac

My problem is that when I went into my purchase history on Adobe to reinstall PE15, it only shows a download for Windows.

Is there anyway around this and of course, will it function on the latest Apple products?

Ant advice would be much appreciated, many thanks

Tony

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Mac , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

@John Waller The cross-platform license also now applies to downloaded copies of Elements from the Adobe online store. Not sure when this change was introduced.

I bought Elements 2021 last October and originally installed on a Mac laptop. I've recently moved to Windows and can confirm I had no issues using the same serial number.

When I go to my Adobe account, after clicking on Plans > Products I can see my Registered Products and as this screenshot shows, under Platform it says Multiple:

Screenshot 2021-04-29 095657.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bought a download then it's operating system specific (Windows only or Mac only).

If you bought a boxed version then you get both Windows and Mac versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John Waller The cross-platform license also now applies to downloaded copies of Elements from the Adobe online store. Not sure when this change was introduced.

I bought Elements 2021 last October and originally installed on a Mac laptop. I've recently moved to Windows and can confirm I had no issues using the same serial number.

When I go to my Adobe account, after clicking on Plans > Products I can see my Registered Products and as this screenshot shows, under Platform it says Multiple:

Screenshot 2021-04-29 095657.jpg

After I click on the Download button, I get the choice to download a copy for Mac or Windows:

Screenshot 2021-04-29 095737.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Phil Pickering . That's news to me. I have not seen any announcement to that effect from Adobe, 

The previous single OS for downloads was in place for many years. I suspect it still applies to the OP's version 15 though.

Adobe has been known to silently change policy in the past. Here's another one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  and it also depends on your OS.  Elements 15 will not function on Catalina or Big Sur.  Those operating systems require Elements 2020 and newer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's the dealbreaker, regardless of the licensing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines