• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 15 / Windows 10 (Program won't load?)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a new HP laptop (windows updates all installed), running at just over 2ghz, 8gb of ram and it's also a 64bit system.

When I try to run program, it crashes, 'Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 has stopped working, Windows is attempting to find a solution' etc. etc.

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem, and any possible fixes or downloads that can be done to correct this before I send my copy back to Amazon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaz,

Please check if the Lavasoft ad-ware is causing the fault. Refer to this article for steps:

Error: Editor has stopped working in Adobe Photoshop Elements

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Arshla,

And thank you for your reply, I tracked down the offending file (LavasoftTcpService64.dll) in the system32 folder and have attempted to delete it (as administrator), although the action is being denied, stating that file is in use, and the action can't be completed as the file is open in 'mfefire.exe'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaz,

Please ty quitting this 'mfefire.exe' from task manager. And then try deleting the faulting module.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried loading PSE 15 and it gets as far as the Microsoft Visual C++Redistributable Package (64) and then it stops.

I can't even close it.

How do I get ahold of support.

I of course, bought this program so I could use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a message that says the application cannot open.  It is installed so what is wrong??  I have Windows 10 also.  Just installed PE 15 and so anxious to start using it, but can't!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please confirm if you have tried out the instructions mentioned earlier in this thread.

< Error: Editor has stopped working in Adobe Photoshop Elements ​>

If not, please try it once and let us know if you are still facing this problem.

Thanks,
Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled PE 15 on my Windows 10 computer.. went to the Microsoft website and found their tool to remove malware.  I downloaded the tool and it scanned my computer; removed malware and then I re-installed PE 15.  And I was able to open the program and use it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have exactly the same issues as Gaz. However I cannot delete the lavasoft file as it says dashost.exe is using it. I have tried to find dashost.exe in taskmanager but am unable to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that this problem is usually caused by malware.  I use Windows 10 so went to the microsoft website and downloaded their malicious software removal tool and used it.  It totally wiped the problems and now PE 15 works great!  I , like you, never could find the lavasoft file as it said to do.

Hope this works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines