• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 20 already installed on max number of computers, but don't have access to old machine

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 20 already installed on max number of computers, but don't have access to old machine to deactivate program.   I just spent the last hour on chat with Adobe Support, which is completely useless for me.  I was told that because version 20 is no longer supported, they can not help me activate my software.  She suggested I upgrade, to which I replied Why would I ever purchase anything else from Adobe when I already bought this software and they refuse to activate it???  She says I was allowed 2 activations, but the software is only installed on one other machine, and I don't have that computer in my possession anymore to physically deactivate it.  She said the servers are no longer active because they no longer support this version. 

Is there any known workaround for this issue?  I can't be the only one that no longer has an old computer to deactivate the program!

Thanks in advance!

Colleen

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a long thread devoted to situations comparable to yours.

Solved: How to deactivate Photoshop Elements - Adobe Community - 3952834

No one on this board can reactivate for you. I suggest that you contact Adobe again in the hope that you will be conversing with another agent Be persistent. If necessary, ask that the chat be escalated to a supervisor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any known workaround for this issue? 

By @collielynn

Sorry, but no.

Adobe Customer Service (Support) no longer has the ability to reset activations.

The only way to deactivate is if you can open the program in the computer which it is desired to be activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines