Copied

• If I buy Elements 20 can I safely upgrade to Catalina on my iMac
TOPICS
Mac , Organizer , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Elements 2020 works fine on Catalina. Adobe has issued an update since shipping so after first installation you should update the application when prompted. Why not download the free trial and test it for 30 days before purchase. Then there is no need to uninstall, the trial is the full product. Simply enter a serial number after purchasing a disk or download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this. If I decide to wait before actually purchasing will my Photoshop Elements revert to 19 (which I have at the moment when the free trial ends)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If PSE 2019 is already installed when you upgrade the OS to Catalina it may have some functionality but also some compatibility issues. The installers are 32 bit so you can never uninstall/reinstall PSE2019 on Catalina. Adobe usually brings out a new version in early October so you could wait for PSE 2021 depending on your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much and I am sorry to be so slow. This time your email came into my spam foder. I will keep a better eye on it in future. It looks as though I should install PSE 2021 before upgrading to Catalina. Just before installing PSE 2019 I tried to completely delete PSE 11 from my computer because  I thought it was making it slow. (I manually copied out lots of selection details first) but I obviously didn't quite manage to wipe off Elements 11 competely because Elements 19 still picked up my old catalog. Adobe support helped me to open a new catalog but said I coud not delete the old catalog. At the moment my photos are all in named files in Pictures and I use Elements mainly for the star ratings and editing. I am wondering is there a way to start afresh with Elements 2021 realising I would lose the ratings again? Or shall I just

go for it and upgrade to 2021 which seems to have just come out?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe won’t release a new version until the fall. But in the meantime you can try PSE 2020 free for 30 days.

If PSE 2019 is still working you could select all thumbnails in Organizer (Cmd+A) and write metadata (cmd+W). This will embed the information into the files. If you then decide to start with a new empty catalog when you re-import, many of the keywords, titles etc. will be available for import. But you would lose stuff like albums and version sets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I misread 2020.1 for 2021. If I try free trial of 2020 for 30days and then stop will my 2019 version still be there just as it was before trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. They are both completely separate apps. PSE 2020 will convert your existing catalog but your PSE 2019 catalog will remain untouched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. This is very helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines