• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2014 Crashing on Mac Catalina When Saving

Participant ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem arises when I save an image for the web, either a .jpg or a .tif image.  Everything appears to work as normal until I choose save, when the save for web screen vanishes as does PSE 14.  This is something new.   The other anomaly I note is that when I attempt to save a .tif image in the save for web area,  the image appears as a .gif and I have to change that to a .jpg.  Anyone have a suggestion on what's going on?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imagine the problem is that Catalina is running at 64 bits and the older Elements is running at 32 bits. I lost functionality of my printer for the same reason. I have Elements Ver 15 (2106) and it won't work on Catalina either. I'm trying to find an Adobe update now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the note.  You may be  right.  I've sent the query off to the adobe care email site to see what the techies have to say.  Like you I also lost function of my printer which I had for probably 14 years.  And of course my scanner too.  I've had to replace them.  The scanner is much better, the printer is just a cheap model for documents, letters, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe convinced me upgrading to PSE 18 would help .  Nope.  Still crashes on save about 5% of the time.  That is WAY too often.  I am beyond frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm trying to find an Adobe update now!"

There is no update for that. Only 64 bit applications (like Photoshop Elements 2020) will run it on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines