Exit

Elements 2018 licence revoked

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

This is annoying.

I bought a new Windows 10 pc and tried to install PSE 2018 on it, my second installation with the first on the old pc.

It said some elements didn't install and referred me to a link which didn't go anywhere.

I persevered.

It seemed to install so I tried to update and it said my licence had been revoked, because the original wasn't official.

It was clearly official enough for me to use for the last 3 years!

Every link I try on Support goes nowhere.

All I want is to update my official copy of PSE 2018 on my new pc and update it (think there was a Camera Raw update). As far as I can see, I am allowed two pcs running PSE 2018.

Can anyone please help?

Brian

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Hi Brian,

You might want to try calling Adobe Customer Care on 0800 917 6453 and explain the situation to them. If you have all the documentary evidence that you bought a legitimate copy from an authorized reseller, Adobe may issue you with a new license.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

- Where did you purchase Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 from?

- Was it on DVD or a digital download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil

I bought it from Amazon UK.

It's on DVD in the official Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 packaging.

Serial number worked from purchase until now, when I loaded it on to a new pc.

I understand that I don't get PSE upgrades but I know there was a big ACR update and I was expecting to get that. Otherwise, I'll have two different versions, with the old pc being more up-to-date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Even though it was bought through Amazon UK, it doesn't mean it was bought direct from Amazon; it could have been from a third-party seller. You might want to check your Amazon order history to see exactly who supplied your copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018.

The reason I'm asking is that apparently some unscrupolous individuals and companies unbundle what are known as volume licenses, then sell those licenses onto individuals (which they are not legally allowed to do). Adobe have cracked down on this practice in recent years, and if they come across a serial number that has been misused in this way, they revoke it.

Regarding Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 shipped with version 9,12 of the Camera Raw plug-in. The last Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 compatible version of the Camera Raw plug-in was 10.3 which was released back in September 2018. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was supplied by Amazon EU - I know better than use an indirect seller.

The latest with the software is that, every time I open it, it tells me that I have a new update, Camera Raw 10.3, as you mention.

When I try to install it, it fails and when I click"support", it says licence revoked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

You might want to try calling Adobe Customer Care on 0800 917 6453 and explain the situation to them. If you have all the documentary evidence that you bought a legitimate copy from an authorized reseller, Adobe may issue you with a new license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end, nothing at all to do with revoking the licence even though the installation routine said that was the problem.

Customer Care provided a link to download PSE 2018 and, when installed, it prompted to update ACR to 10.3.

That's fine with me - two pcs on the same at least. I guess that's as up-to-date as I'm going to be with PSE 2018.

Thanks for taking the time to offer advice - very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news Brian!

So glad you got it sorted out (and +1 for Adobe Customer Care - they get too much flack around here 🙂 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you recall how much you paid for it?  If it was about ($29 U.S.)- that's your problem- it's all illeagle copy. 

If it's an "offical copy" bought from adobe, it will be in your adobe account, does it show up there? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines