• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2018 Photos not opening from file

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell if this is a Photoshopo issue or a PC issue. I used to be able to double click on a photo on my PC and it would automatically open in Elements.  Now, when I double click, Elements loads and opens but not the photo. The file on the PC is set to automatically open jpg files with Photoshop. I temporarily had a trial version of Elements 2021 on my PC but have since deleted it. I had a Windows update a couple of days ago. Can anyone please suggest what the problem might be and how I can resolve it?

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Premiere Elements to Photoshop Elements forum.

You will have to set the file association in windows.

Right click on image > Open with > Choose another app > select Photoshop and check Always use this app......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - that was the first thing I checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you used the Open in Camera Raw option to open your jpeg files?  If so, it is possible that the problem revolves around that. Or the problem may be a leftover from your trial of Elements 2021.

In any event, try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, do you mean resetting the preferences? I can't even import the raw files from the SD card into Elements. Get a message that they're not supported or corrupted. They're not corrupted because I just updated the codecs on windows so I can now see the raw files in my photo folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can import the JPEGS into the editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ButchL, what camera do you have?  If it is a brand new one, it may require ACR 13.3.  Elements 2021 has only been updated to ACR 13.0.   This would explain why you can't import your (new camera's) raw files.  Your camera ACR requirements can be found here.

If that is indeed the problem, there is a possible workaround which will allow you to install a later ACR version into Elements.  You can find it here

I have only just noticed that ACR has been updated to 13.3.  I have only successfully tested ACR 13.2 with Elements 2021 (and 2020).  I will now test 13.3 and report back if I am successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, ACR 13.3 can now be used with Elements 2021.  Added:  It also works with Elements 2020, but not with Elements 2018.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.06.12_14h14m53s_004_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg, thanks. I'm doing a trial with Elements 2021. It works so I'll be upgrading to 2021...thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines