• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2018

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Elements 2018 on Big Sur, but an update to Monterey is available. Should I update or wait?

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Elements 2018 is not supported on Monterey, so it may not work.  If you update to Monerey, be prepared to upgrade Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 2018 is not supported on Monterey, so it may not work.  If you update to Monerey, be prepared to upgrade Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the clarification Greig. This is what I assumed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg. Have you heard of any issues running Elements 2022 on Monterey? Early reviews stated that it would not run! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a Mac user so have no personal experience to go by.  It is my understanding that Elements 2022 (with an update that was put out by Adobe) will work with the very latest update of Monterey, which I understand is version 12.1 (not 12.0.1 which was an earlier update put out by Apple).  But it is also my understanding that there may be some OS issues that remain and that Apple is working on it. 

And when I say that the program will work, the main problem that has been described and verified by users on this forum is a failure to launch.  As far as I can tell from reviewing posts on this forum, that problem has been resolved for most, if not all users.  If anyone has a different problem, I have yet to see any real evidence of it on the forum.

For more official information, see this posting by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Following your reply, I downloaded a trial version of Elements 2022 and I'm pleased to announce that the software runs really well on Mac Monterey. Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines