• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2020 Does Not Support Most Recent ACR Version (12.2)

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot process RAW files from the new Olympus OMD EM1 Mark III in Elements. The issue is the version of ACR supported in Elements. ACR 12.2 released in April does include support for the Mark III, but Elements only runs up to ACR version 12.0.

Other than converting Olympus raw files into DNG or TIff, is there a way to force Elements 20 to recognize the most recent version of ACR? Or does someone have an idea when Elements will be updated to include ACR 12.2?

Thank you

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

The Camera Raw updates for the Creative Cloud version of Photoshop and Photoshop Elements are released separately. The April release is compatible only with the Creative Cloud version of Photoshop.

For now, we do not have a way to make Photoshop Elements recognize the latest Camera Raw version. We do not have an official timeline on when the update for Photoshop Elements 2020 to support Camera Raw 12.2 would be rolled out.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That s rather upsetting

I just cashed out 150 euros for Elements suite and I have an EM 1 MkIII which needs ACR 12.2.

Apart of having wasted money I think that it is now time to move to a different program, definitely NOT and ADOBE one anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more.  I've moved on from Adobe, and I was not only an Elements user, but also full Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't mind me asking, what system did you move onto?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that you had to take one for the team. I am sure this was a marketing ploy to make people sign up for CC. 

This issue you brought up has me convined to go with Affinity Photo. More powerful than elements and less money with no charge for upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, just found the same thing - NOT IMPRESSED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider converting to DNG

DNG Converter is free. You can batch convert a whole folder of Raw images into Adobe raw (DNG) without any loss of quality and the dng files will be backward compatible with your software

Get the latest DNG Converter Mac OS | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Closely follow these instructions to update Adobe Camera Raw to the current version.

Update the Camera Raw version on your Mac or Windows machine. Pay particular attention to steps 7 - 10. You can not just run the ACR installer and expect it to work. I am using ACR 13.2 in my PSE 2020. (I haven't run the ACR 13.3 installer yet).

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your message, unfortunately it is still not working for me.

Step 9 - I get a Your File could not be accessed error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bevan5E9C, You should not be getting that message in step 9. There is NO file operation done in step 9. It's simply navigating to the folder where in step 10 you will paste the file that you copied in step 8. Or, maybe you don't have Admin rights to access the folder in step 9.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be like a broken URL, so maybe it is an admin thing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bevan5E9C, Broken URL? Please explain.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get from no.9 - Navigate to the following folder:

Bevan5E9C_0-1627241317643.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's NO.9 from Find out how to update the Camera Raw version on your Mac or Windows machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bevan5E9C, Are you on a Mac computer?

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I use Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bevan5E9C, I am a Windows user also. I have no idea why you would get that message trying to navigate the folder in step 9. If you were able to successfully navigate to the folder in step 7, you should be able to navigate to the folder in step 9.

Try copying this into the Explorer address bar - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 18\File Formats. The two locations are one atop the other in the Explorer view.

2021-07-25 23_21_11-C__Program Files_Common Files_Adobe_Plug-Ins_CC_File Formats.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your help Walter, unfortunately that didn't work either so I don't know what's going on. It came up with the same error as before

I am going to have a good think about what I do next

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bevan5E9C, What version of PSE are you using?

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elements 19

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bevan5E9C

You need to use the File Explorer in Windows 10 for steps 7-10, not your web browser (as you appear to be doing).

Also, in step 10 you need to replace Elements <Version Number> with the version number for your copy of Photoshop Elements, e.g. Elements 18. If you navigate through your folders using the File Explorer as @Walter_H has already suggested, it will become clearer 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines