• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2020 Photo Editor doesn't load

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed Photoshop Elements 2020 on a second PC and the photo organiser works fine, but when I try to load the photo editor it says "Loading..." for about a minute and then the message goes and it never opens. I've read some of the other posts about this issue, but the suggests about closing it in task manager and restarting etc. don't resolve this. Could anyone help please?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that you have too many activations.  Can you perhaps see a hidden error message behind the open program windows telling you to sign in? 
What happens if you close all programs on your desktop and then try to open only the Editor by double-clicking on the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2020 folder?  Pay close attention to the file name and also don't be confused by the folder icon which is colored rather than the usual yellow folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg, thanks for replying. I've checked and in C:\Program Files\Adobe the only folder named "Photoshop Elements 2020" is the black colour one. There's a file in that called "Photoshop Elements Editor" which is a .exe but nothing happens when I double click that.

There are also yellow folders called Elements 2020 Organiser and Elements 2022 Organise in thte Adobe folder, which may have some relevance? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading the free Creative Cloud desktop application.  You don't have to subscribe to any applications but it is somehow related to the licensing of older versions of Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to sort this out another way, so for the benefit of anyone else who's had this issue (there seemed to be a few when I researched this), the problem was that I had downloaded both the 2020 and 2022 versions of Photoshop Elements. I had to uninstall both, restart, then download the 2020 version again (not the latest 2022 version as I've only paid for the 2020 version) and re-enter the serial number after reinstalling it. It then all worked fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The two versions are entirely independent, so I doubt it has anything to do with having both versions installed.  (I have every version since Elements 10 installed on my machine without any launch problems.)  Simply reinstalling 2020 is probably what did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines