• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2021 and Windows 10 (2004)

Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently a discussion going on about Elements 2021, and it involves two distinct issues:

- one is that typical PSE users don't want to hear about the 'Creative Cloud' and the subscription model they mentally associate with it.

- the second one is that it seems confirmed by several methodic tries on different computers that if you install PSE2021 on a Win 10 1909 computer, you get two of the new features of PSE2021: the 'save to the cloud' command and the automatic backup of the catalog structure. If you update to 2004, the 'save to the cloud' option disappears completely, from the home screen to the menus and even to the help docs.

https://photoshopelementsandmore.com/thread/7311/creative-cloud-photoshop-elements-2021

I would like to know what Windows users with the 2004 Win 10 build can say about this.

For the record, another huge mystery was that when I first installed PSE2021, the installer, though named after the 2021 version, did only re-install PSE2020, overwriting the ACR 12.4 version I had manually uupdated with the ACR 12.3... I had to search the web for another full installer that enabled me to install the right 2021 version. The two above features worked as designed until I upgraded Win 10 to 2004.

I also would like comments about the idea of deleting manually the 'Creative Cloud' app from Elements.

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michel, save to cloud is working fine for Elements 2021 on my machine.  However, this is a fresh install of Windows, not an update from a prior version.  Since I also have CC on this machine, it will take too much bother for me to uninstall CC to determine what the effect will be on Elements 2021.  I suspect that Elements cannot work without it.  For those who have run into problems with Save to Cloud, after updating to Windows 10 version 2004, does a reinstall fix it?

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.10.31_16h15m35s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At last, succesful instal of PSE2021 with both new cloud features working!

However, many new mysteries.

First solution:

I had not tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but in the other discussion, Sepiana did so without sucess and it took much longer than before. That was one of the usual workarounds we had the same idea to try idepently;  resetting prefs, opening with admin rights, opening Creating Cloud before starting, disabling graphic adapter among others.

As I had just installed PSE2021 succesfully on my wife's laptop, I decided to activate it with my second install instance. Ok.

So, by safety, I decided to deactivate my defective 2021 on my desktop: impossible! sign in or out was greyed out! I can't remember exactly what I did (probably closing separately the Creative Cloud app ???) and then suddenly, the full interface with the cloud icon appeared on the home screen and the menus!

Good, but my motivation was still to uninstall and reinstall to use the English version instead of the French one.

New problems. Standard Adobe desinstall aborted silently after a warning message that the process was abnormally slow. Second try sent me to the Creative Cloud home page. which is only for my registered subscriptions. Another try managed to desinstall normally.

Reinstalling from the default installer (the one in my Adobe account) still wanted to install the 2020 version. The install from the link with 'ESD' in the installer zip would not work unless I started it in admin mode. Signing in required worked as usual.

All seems normal now, with my preferences settings restored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find another full installer?  I have the same problem with my download and install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/photoshop-elements-2021-order-re-installs-2020/m-p/1...

I can confirm that the default installer (without ESD) does still install PSE2020 instead of 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MichelBParis  and @r gordons79595402 ,

Would it be possible for you to please share the installer file that you were using to install E2021?

Also it would be helpful if you could share the below details?

1. Did you Download the file from Adobe.com Trial pages

2. Did you purchase the software and then downlaoded the software from Adobe.com

3. Did you purchase the electronic download from Amazon.com and then downloaded the installer from Remdemption workflow.

It would be really helpful if you could try again and share the installer build, if you still face the same issue.

Kind Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the software (as an upgrade) directly from Adobe.com

I have sinced use the link in my Adobe Account (together with the license key);   the download I get is the same.
I can share this installer with a link to Dropbox or the Creative Cloud.

I shall be away for a few hours...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But thanks. I found an alternate on Adobe

G

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shared a link with you over a private message, to share the installer file.

Please let me know in case of any issues.

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Done.

Thanks Vipin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another, but thanks.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE support download trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines