• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2021 Error Message

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I turn on my laptop one of the first things to pop up on the screen is an error message for Photoshop Elements 2021 which says - The code execution cannot proceed because icuuc58.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the prooblem.- I did uninstall and reinstall the program but the message reappeared when I started the laptop and again when I opened up Elements 2021. Has any experienced this and if so is there a solution?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install with an Administrator account?  If not, try to reinstall with Administrator permissions.  If that doesn't fix it, please give us a screenshot of the error message you are receiving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is a screen shot with the error message. The message is always the same. It appears randomly meaning it sometimes shows up when I start up the computer and sometimes doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My installation of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 doesn't include the icuuc58.dll.

Instead, it uses the most recent version, icuuc64.dll and it can be found in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021 folder. Have you checked that folder to see which version of the iccuc dll you have?

This .dll is concerned with Unicode and internationalization. Is your installation by any chance a non-English language installation?

Adobe Premiere Elements 2021 and Adobe Bridge 2021 both include the older icuuc58.dll.

Curiously, if I temporarily move my icuuc64.dll out of the Photoshop Elements 2021 folder, the application still works and I don't get an error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question

This is an English version of the software. It is Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021. I do not have Adobe Premiere Elements 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual error message relates to a file called icucnv58.dll, not the one you mentioned (unless you also receive a different error message).     I found the problem described here.

So, I have a few more questions for you:

1. Do you have any problem other than the error message popping up at random times?  In other words, does Elements 2021 work as expected?
  2. Have you had any prior versions of Elements or other Adobe products on your machine?  (It appears that the message is caused by a call from a file callled PhotoshopServer.exe.  That file exists for the Organizer and Premiere Elements, but not for Photoshop Elements.
  3. You have not answered my question of whether you installed Elements under an Administrator account.  Have you tried to do so?
  4. Did you purchase the product from Adobe?  If you purchased Elements through the Microsoft store, there are some odd issues that appear now and again.

Depending on your answers to my questions, I might suggest that you uninstall the program, make sure you accept the option to delete the preferences/settings file, and then use the CC Cleaner tool to eradicate all traces of Elements from your machine.  See this article.  Although the article refers to Creative Cloud programs, the cleaner tool works for Elements.  See my post here for further instructions in using the tool for Elements.

If the only problem you have is an annoying error message, you may just want to ignore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue with Photoshop Elements 2021, I get two errors saying it is missing icucnv58.dll and icuuc58.dll. In the "About" list it shows that elements has icucnv64.dll and icuuc64.dll is installed.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I have also run the sfc /scannow tool but the error messages are still appearing. I have a case number with Adobe and they are saying it is a Microsoft issue. Adobe have previously dialled into my pc and run the repair of all the Microsoft Visual C ++ apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for various responses.  I am away from the computer with the Photoshop Elements software but will look into the recommendations when I once again am at my computer location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am in SE Australia, in Grampians National Park. I purchased and installed Photoshop Elements 2021 early this year. I was using Paint.Net before that. I am being plagued with the same icucnv58 missing message everytime I start my Windows 10 machine. Sometimes it shows after starting the computer and sometimes after starting Photoshop Elements. It always pops up with one screen on top of one below, same message. I have dealt with Adobe support, updating Visual C++, removing all traces of Photoshop and reinstalling using Administrator rights. I've run CCleaner through it after removing Elements then reinstalled using the latest installer downloaded from Adobe. I've cleaned out non-required rubbish from the Registry. Nothing I do seems to stop this annoying message from popping up. I've stopped it from 'phoning home' and I don't put anything I do on Elements up on the Adobe server. Apart from this troubling popup, Elements works fine and I like using it. I also have Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat Professional and Adobe Audition. I haven't been annoyed with this until I purchased Elements. Everything on my Windows 10 i7 computer is up to date. I have an SSD, 24GHz RAM and 8GHz Graphics. This annoyance is having me consider permanently removing Adobe Photoshop Elements altogether although I doubt I'll ever see a refund. I really don't know what else I can do. Please help! Cheers... Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I've stopped it from 'phoning home' "  That's one possible reason you may be having difficulty.

Another possible reason:  "I've cleaned out non-required rubbish from the Registry."   I sure hope you made a backup copy of your registry before you started working on it.

You have not mentioned about killing off the background processes that Adobe uses to verify product registration and activation.  I'm guessing that's what youve done to keep it from "Phoning home".

MY RECOMMMENDATION:  restore your registry to a point before you edited it,  fix it so the program can phone home.   Reinstall the missing dll's (stuff like icucnv58)-  they are dll files- windows system files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines