• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2021 not print color

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 win 10 machines. The one connected via wifi prints color & black/white ok.

The other is connected via USB. The Photoshop Elements on the USB one will only print black/white on paper. If I go to Change Settings and select photo paper then print still prints in black/white and the ink will whipe off and is not absorbed.

If from Change Settings I select Advanced Setings it crashs and I get the error shown below. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Photshop Elements 2021 Screenshot 2022-12-16 114231.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry should have added that I have re-installed all the HP printer software to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that you need to rule out that the printhead on the USB connected machine is not defective. To that end, since you have 2 printers, I suggest that you reverse the WiFi & USB connections as an experiment in an effort to further define the issue.

Have you contacted HP for any input?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies

Did not explain myself properly.
I can print Color from the Wifi connected device Ok & have produced the printer test print OK.
So the printer is Ok and the USB cable from the other PC is working and will print black/white prints.

The Windows Photo app & Photoshop software on the USB connected machine both turn a color image to black/white in the print dialogue, then print a black/white output and Photoshop also produces the error message I posted if you try to select further print options.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message is HP driven. Suggest that you contact HP as to the cryptic code numbers.

Again, what happens when you connect the other printer to the USB port???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a different USB cable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's are some other suggestions for trouble-shooting the problem.  Go to Windows>Settings>Devices>Printers & Scanners.  Select the USB printer and go into the printer settings/printer defaults.  I suspect that your default Color mode is set to  black/greyscale rather than color.  Here is my Epson printer driver dialog but the HP should have something similar:

Snap_2022.12.17_12h12m44s_001.png

Actually, here is what I have for an old HP print driver on my machine:

Snap_2022.12.17_12h16m54s_002.png

Perhaps better yet would be to Delete the current printer from the Device settings and reinstall the printer.  Reinstalling the software may not have fixed the issue because the old preferences would probably have been retained.

Also, I don't think you have told us whether you have tried printing from the Organizer.  If you get the same problem there, then that would confirm that the default settings for the printer are to print in black/white or greyscale.

Added:  I also note that the screenshot in your original post is for a black and white photo.  So if you are frequently switching between color and b/w printing, something may easily have gone wrong with the default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THanks for all your inputs.

The problem was driver software as I suspected and I found the info to fix it at :-

Printer fix that always works best (2023) - Microsoft Community

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines