Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

elements 2021 UI after update

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is so small as to be unreadable on my Yoga 14" screen

It was perfect when i was working on it and up came the update message. I cancelled my project ot do the update and then after updating the UI is tiny and unusable now.

possible to go back to previous version? Hate it now.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Thank you Priyanshi for taking an interst in this.

After some extensive changing of options; dispaly resolution and PSE UI dispaly percentage I have the follwoing results.

The launcher app is always workable whatever dispaly resolution.

If I choose native resolution (1366x768) the PS Elements UI is larger than I'd prefer as it reduced the workspace (especially if I want layers column which I use a lot) 200% option does work but makes the workspace even more reduced as expected.

If I choose the w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a 4k monitor, go to Edit>Preferences>Display and Cursors and change the UI Scale Factor to 200%.

Snap_2021.10.19_23h6m3s_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the offer to help..

The dispaly on my 14" Lenovo Yoga screen is 1920x1080

changing the values from Automatic, 100% or 200% does not change the UI at all for me. (do you have to reboot perhaps?).

I'm not happy with this.. It was fine just prior to this update. 🙄

Any other ideas or how to revert back and lose the update 'advantages'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do have to restart the program for any changes in thr UI interface to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it make any difference if you go to Windows Settings>System>Display and increase the Scale and layout? Also, do you have the Display resolution set to the recommended size?

Snap_2021.10.20_13h18m23s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that..

This is weird... I chacked the screen resolution for my model from the manufacturers site. It says the native resolution is 1366x738 yet the machine keep reminding me to set it to HD 1920x1080!

If i lower it to native.. everything look toy town large in Photoshop Elements 2021 and small work area... it wasn't like that before updating it (ps I have never changed the screen resolution from 1920x1080 as that is what was recommended)

now I'm stuck between too small  a UI and losing screen areal.. is it possible to go back the previous version of elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your monitor resolution is a 16:9 aspect ratio which is why the recommended resolution is 1920x1080 - standard HD resolution.  Did you try using the Windows>Settings to scale your screen? 

The only way you can go back to the original program version is if you purchased a boxed DVD which will contain the earliest released build of the program. 

And I also note that the minimum system requirements are a 1200x800 monitor.  I don't know whether it makes any difference but your screen doesn't meet one of those dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i note your cfomment:

but your screen doesn't meet one of those dimensions.

I guess I'll have to remove the program.. It's sad I was happy with it 5 minutes before updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grazuncle,

What is the screen resolution given by Windows when you right click on an empty spot of the display and chose the display settings? I believe it's really 1920 x 1080 and not what you found on the manufacturer site.

If so, the editor or organizer interfaces are ideal for display on a 21" to 27" monitor.

With a hi-res display (3840 x 2160), the editor can be set to 200% which gives the same aspect.

With a 1920 x 1080 the 14" display really needs a magnifying glass. Not at all adapted to photo editing.

I think the 1366x738  setting in Windows with 100% view will give the  best less bad solution for editor and organizer. By the way, the organizer does not accept 200% view.

In a similar situation, I was able to use a cheap unused TV set with 1920 x 1080 resolution and to connect it via an HDMI cable as external display. Comfortable and free for home editing sessions. The reduced resolution was acceptable on the 14" for use during travels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion and advice.

The recommended resolution as far as Win 10 is concerened it is 1920x1080 and it is clear to use (in other applications) in Chrome,Word, Edge etc.. unfortunately not in PS Elements

the specification of the screen is apparently corrct.quote:

Lenovo Yoga 520 Summary

Lenovo Yoga 520 is a Windows 10 Home laptop with a 14.00-inch display that has a resolution of 1366x768 pixels

I think I'll have to go with large UI along with its restricted space or not use the laptop if I can use something else.. (I have a PC at home too) I'll lose the portability I wanted with the laptop though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try contacting Adobe Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.  With your permission, they can take control of your machine and adjust any settings that may be causing your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did this just today after having issues with photoshop elements.  The gentleman was able change some  settings in my pc to get it fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

Can you please provide details here regarding the application in use? 

Is the UI tiny for you on Photoshop Elements Editor, Elements Organizer or Premiere Elements Editor?

Also, if this is PSE Editor specific, please mention if the UI does not update for you on changing UI Scale factor to 200% from Edit>Preferences>Display and Cursors and re-launching the application.

Thanks,

Priyanshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Priyanshi for taking an interst in this.

After some extensive changing of options; dispaly resolution and PSE UI dispaly percentage I have the follwoing results.

The launcher app is always workable whatever dispaly resolution.

If I choose native resolution (1366x768) the PS Elements UI is larger than I'd prefer as it reduced the workspace (especially if I want layers column which I use a lot) 200% option does work but makes the workspace even more reduced as expected.

If I choose the windows 'recommended' resolution of 1920x1080 for the machine the UI at AUTO setting the UI is very small but the workspace is great... I can selct 200% but the UI then become larger than AUTO setting with the  Native resolution setting of 1366x760 with a subsequent smaller workspace.

On balance i have decided to stay with the win10 recommended HD resolution of 1920x1080 and use some light magnification glasses.

I guess some more option in the PS Elements UI magnification menu might let me choose an in between UI 

PS Windows layout and scale settings doesn't seem to make much difference in PSE although it is evident everywhere else. browser, Word, Excel etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines