• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2021 won't start

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I downloaded a trial copy of elements 2021.  I ran it for hours deleting about 500 out of 12,500 pictures.  Now it won't start up.  I get an error message that the file mkl_core.dl "is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error"

I am thinking of unloading elements 2021 and then redownloading it.  Any other suggestions.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For that kind of error (which I have never seen before), I would agree that uninstalling/reinstalling the program is your best bet.  When you uninstall, I also recommend that you accept the option to delete all preference/settings files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

One concern is I need to save TABs, albums, and catalogs. Do you know the
appropriate file names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstalling the program will not affect your catalog or any tags or albums within the catalog.  The default location for the catalog is C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\.  So, it is always wise to back it up when conducting a major operation on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines