• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2022 compatibility with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4278U CPU @ 2.60GHz

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's totally unclear whether Elements 2022 will run on a "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4278U CPU @ 2.60GHz" processor (which appears to be "gen 4" while Elements appears to require "Gen 6) (Mac) with OS 11.  And if not, whether thre's a solution without leaving Adobe for another similar product.   Any views anyone ???

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I erased this post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Glen.  Only, on the page I saw there is no mention of optimal ferformance, so you have to assume it's absolute !

You can just imagine what would happen if it wasn't compatible .... the question "did you check system requirements" would be the first thing !!

Got the up grade anyway and within minutes sent the first error report when it wouldn't quite ... here we go again ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's really not a cpu thing going on here:  it's an OS issue.   I'm at a looss here in finding a definative answer anywhere- just spent about an hour looking. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha ha ... I'm up to about 3 hours searching !!.  I know what you mean by OS issue .. good ole Apple !.  And just don't get me started on what they recently did to me !!.

Anyway, have eventually up-graded/downloaded Elements 2022, and it works.  Not unconditionally stable by any means and slower that V15 on an earlier OS but still better than 1 alternative I tried, which exported to tiff/jpeg or whatever (rather "saving" in it's native file type) what I would call a completely different image to the native file type save. !!!   Have I got this wrong or aren't these "machines & apps" supposed to increase workflow/productivity ???.  

Mmmmm ...

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines