• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2022 Editor Not Launching from Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Elements 2022 Editor does not launch from Lightroom Classic.  I have been using Elements since 2000 upgrading through different versions.  I also have used Lightroom for years.  I use the Elements Catalog, edit in Lightroom, and then continue to edit in the Editor portion of Elements.  Since the 2022 Elements install, the Editor portion of Elements will not load from Lightroom.  The first error states: One or more plug-ins are currently not available on your system for details see help>System info.  The 2nd error takes some time to "appear" and states: The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor could not be launched. 

I have done 2 chats with Adobe and received no helpful information.  I am very frustrated and fear that I will never have a workable photo editing system again.

None of my 3rd party plug-ins appeared in the new Editor but remain accessable in Lightroom!

I need the Editor to complete my images.......and I am hopeless.

PLEASE HELP

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't regularly use Lr Classic but I just tried it out and had no problem using Elements 2022 as an external editor for Lr.  I assume you have selected the correct .exe file as the external editor in the Lr Preferences.  If so, please give us a screenshot of your Preferences>External Editor tab.  If not, you can follow my directions in the below screenshot.

Snap_2021.12.06_12h02m43s_000.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  I think my preferences are hosed up.  I can not get to custom.  I only get all my plug-ins.  Plus it tells me that Photoshop Elements Editor is already picked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to thank you for offering help.  I am most anxious to hear if you have any solutions to my screenshot that doesn't match what is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I've noticed that the file does not even show editing adjustments I've made when I close and it goes back to the Elements catalog.  I tried exporting the file which it did but when I tried to open it again in the Editor.......with the LR adjustments I got this error message.  See below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I think I have found the source of the problem.  You have chosen the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022.exe file.

Snap_2021.12.06_16h48m27s_006.png

This is the file that opens the Welcome Screen, not the Editor.  As shown in Step 4 of my earlier screenshot, you need to select the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file.  (Don't feel bad.  This is a common mistake that is made.)  If you click on the Choose button shown in Step 2 of my screenshot, you should be able to select the correct file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still does not work. The top of external editing perferance already picks the element editor.  When I go to 2nd area the additional choice and pick custom and then pick the elements 2022 editor exe file........it warns me that it is already picked.  I then chose do it anyways.  Now I have 2 choices when trying to edit using LR adjustments, and I have tried both of them and neither one opens. I get the error message that a plug-in is missing.

I took another screen shot.  I thank you for trying.  This is a very vexing issue.  I don't think I can use LR at all and save my adjustments.  I think I will need to consider reinstalling LR and Elements or maybe using the full version of PS which I guess I can get with my LR subscription.  I have some vision issues so I struggle to see everything and like the stripped down version of the Elements Editor. 

If you have other suggestions..............I would appreciate your input.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using raw files from a newer camera?  If so, the Elements Editor does not have the latest Camera Raw plug-in.  You can update the plug-in in Elements by following the instructions found in this article.  Since you presumably already have the latest Camera Raw installed for Lr, you do not need to download it again.  Simply copy the Camera Raw.8bi file from the CC folder to the Elements 20 folder.  (Specifics are given in the article.)  If that doesn't work, you may want to try asking on the Lr forum since you have exhausted my knowledge on the subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem.  Please let me know if you have a solution.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines