• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2022 locks up at Print menu

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to print a photo, Elements 2022 hangs immediately at selecting the Print menu.  It does not first bring up the printer dialog (like to select a printer or any options).  All menus are dead then, it is locked up and requires Windows 10 Task Manager to end it (which takes two tries to actually kill it).   It is a new Elements installation, it has never printed before, but seems to work OK except for Print. Maybe it is some kind of initialization error?  How might I fix it?  Does it just need a reinstall?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! Found a cure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on Photoshop Elements 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to print via Editor and you encounter this problem, try printing from Organizer, or, vice versa. The print engines are not the same.

You should reset preferences to default, as that may fix it. Go to Edit>Preferences>General and click on the button to reset on next launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the quick reply.  The problem occurrs while trying to print from the Editor.  Per your suggestion, I loaded the files into the organizer and was able to print from there.

Afterwards, I reset the Editor's preferences to their default values.  No change.  Note: Once the Editor hangs, the only way to close is to kill it with the Task Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines