• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2023: Catalog Conversion Error

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran/installed the updated version to my PSE 2023, offered from within the application.  NOW, one of my catalogs, the one I've been actively using for new photos, doesn't appear in Catalog Manager.  Using Custom Location in Catalog Manager, I navigated to the subject catalog, selected it, and ran Convert;  in that dialogue I selected this catalog, clicked "convert" - and the process failed.  I tried to follow directions in Help, but the log file I found is not like the example given, does not end with a problem file (to be removed).

• What should I do?
  • I have this catalog saved as a backup (not fully current, some files will be lost in a "restore" action), on a different external drive.  I could "restore" it, only:  I keep active catalogs on a different external drive (don't want backups and actives on the same drive) - if I restore to the external drive where I now have the corrupted version, a) will it "replace" the corrupt catalog there? (that would be good);  will it restore to the same drive, with a modified catalog name, to distiguish it from the corrupt one? (I don't like this, fear having 2 catalogs with the same photo files, on the active drive for PSE - could lead to cataloging/indexing corruption at some time -- if this is the case, after "restoring" the backup catalog to this active drive, may I safely just "delete" the corrupt version of this catalog, also there?)
  • Other thoughts?  

Below, I send the log file found, using the "Help" instructions in PSE

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines