• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2023 Organizer Assertion Program Error

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from Elements 2020 to 2023.  When I open the Organizer I get an Assertion Program Error line 967 (Box).  Then Organizer closes.  I have contacted Adobe support and they tried a few things but they are unable to stop it from happening.  The Editor part of this app and ACR seem to work fine.  I'm using Windows 10 on an i5 desktop.  Adobe support suggested that I ask the community for help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Did you convert your existing Elements 2020 catalog to Elements 2023 when the Organizer first launched? 
  2.  If so, did the Organizer ever launch properly without the error message?
  3.  Do you still have Elements 2020 installed?  If so, can you launch the Organizer?  You may get a message that the catalog cannot be found.  That is because it has been renamed with a -1 suffix.  In this case, go to File>Manage Catalogs and you should see it listed in the white box.  Select it from there and open the catalog.  If it is OK, close Elements 2020.

Now, try the following:

• Hold down the Shift key while launching the Elements 2023 Organizer.  This should bring up the Manage Catalogs dialog.
  • Select the converted catalog and Click on the Repair button.  Allow the repair to proceed even if you get a message that there are no errors in the catalog.  It may take a while if you have a large catalog.
  • If the Repair is successfully completed, click the Optimize button and allow the process to complete.
  • Open the catalog.

If you are still receiving the error message, do the following:

• Launch the Organizer while holding the Shift key
  • Create a new Catalog and open it.
  • Import a few files or folders into the new catalog.
  • Close the Organizer and relaunch it. 

Does the program open OK?  If not, the next steps may depend on your answers to all of my questions above.  And one final question, what CPU you do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines