• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2023 Places not working for UK Map

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I place photographs on the map, in Elements 2023 Organiser the name selected by Organiser is randomly selected to be place often a long way away.  It is not possible to edit the name as altering it changes the name of the existing places which are genuinely in that place. Often the same name is given to anywhere within a one hundred square mile area, a comparatively large area in the UK!

I have read and reread all of the help from Adobe.  I have spent time on many chats with support.  I bought 2018 so that I could put my photos on the map. this facility did not work. I left updating until now hoping that it would be resolved, but no it has not.  It worries me that if I pay for Elements 2023 maps will stop working altogether, as it did with 2018, when it is out of warranty. 

I have been advised to pay £120 per year for Photoshop, but no one seems to know whether Place works when you use Lightroom for the UK. And I cannot realistically justify the annual outlay just to have the correct names on stacks.  Please note I am not talking about being able to place photos on the map this works.

I was told that it works within bridge if you add GPS, but it does not. Elements Organiser does not use the GPS in the metadata.

In the interests of clarity I can place stacks on the map this works well and sometimes Elements will select an address that is correct.  When I do a search the options I am offered include the correct address.

I like Photshop I just wish that between 2018 and 2023 this problem had been resolved.

Should I pay for 2023 when my trial finishes in the hope that having placed all 40,000 photos, it will one day be possible to edit the names of the stacks?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased photoshop elements 2023 and very disappointed that they have not improved the location side of organizer, in fact they have gone backwards in as much as the GPS in the meta data is not recognised 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify the above message Elements 19 did reconize GPS locations in photo meta data

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just transferred my Photoshop Elements 2019 catalogue to Photoshop Elements 2023.The Organizer has copied all the locations, but has bundled the photos into the nearest town or city as a location and doesn't allow me to logically catalogue them. I am so disappointed with the update, and think it was a complete waste of time and money especially after allowing a few years for the program to improve. The update gives a very clever suite of creation abilities but I would have preferred that Adobe concentrated on improving the location software in Organizer and the facial recognition, although quite good, is not as good as on a 4 year old Huawei mobile. I cannot emphasise how dissatisfied I am, although I doubt these comments will have very little sway with Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I totally agree. Such a disappointment. It took me ages to convince support that it is a total mess. I have even had location as UK

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines