• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 21

Explorer ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read somewhere recently that Elements 21 would no longer be a  one off payment, it was said that it could only be purchased with a yearly subscription which would require to be renewed every year. Does anyone know if this is correct?+

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is correct. But if you can post a link to where you read this information, we may be able to understand what they meant to say, or why they said it (or say they are just wrong).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I was almost certain that it was in the review section on Amazon but when I just had another look I can't find it anywhere. Judging by the replies therefore it would appear to be safe to assume that this isn't so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read somewhere recently that Elements 21 would no longer be a  one off payment, it was said that it could only be purchased with a yearly subscription which would require to be renewed every year. Does anyone know if this is correct?+

By @maroon hill

Where did you read that?

That would not make any economical advantage for Adobe. It would be much simpler and advantageous for them just to stop completely Elements which is not profitable enough.

Can you imagine the subscription price? the ability to provide regular updates like in other subscription softwares? The amount of old Elements users refusing to change to subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is totally incorrect.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 is a one-off purchase with no subscription required. It comes with a perpetual license, which means that as long as you check first before updating your operating system or buying a new computer (especially if you're a Mac user), the application will run indefinitely. The license is also cross-platform, so you can even change from a Windows to a Mac (or vice versa) without having to buy a new copy.

Some services and features may be retired after a few years (especially if they rely on third-party providers), and you only get application updates for one year (security updates for two years). If you want to take advantage of the new features that are added to the latest version every year, then you'll be eligible for an upgrade discount as an existing user.

Be very careful of trusting anything written by Amazon reviewers - I've had a quick glance at some of the reviews of Photoshop Elements 2021 on Amazon and there are a huge number of glaring untruths on there.

Thanks for being sensible and reaching out on this support community - it's a shame many of the Amazon reviewers didn't do the same before posting their reviews 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I was a bit annoyed when I read it however that's more reassuring.

One last question. I can't see anywhere that you can buy the hard copy of 21, it all appears to be downloads which is not my prefered way to buy.  Do you know if you can still buy the disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazon lists the disk option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines