• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 7.0 to Elements 2022

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently running an old version of Elements, version 7.0.  It runs well but I'm considering upgrading to 2022.  If I buy the upgrade version will it install with no issues?   I have installed the demo and it runs well on my computer. My 7.0 serial is so old it does not save to my adobe account.   Will 2022 still be able to see my old 7.0 install and unlock with just the upgrade license?     I don't want to buy the upgrade license if it won't work. 

I've asked a few Adobe chat people on their site and they cannot give me a clear answer.   One said I needed to buy a new regular license, one said I never bought 7.0 even though I still have the reciept from the adobe website, and another said I will have to purchase the upgrade versions for 8,9,10,2018,2019,2021 before I'll be able to buy 2022 upgrade version.      I offered to send them my reciept to validate the 2022 upgrade install but that doesn't seem to be an option. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do google searches I see tons of people who bought 2022 with lots of older versions.  The last agent was trying to tell me only elements  2021 customers were eligible for the upgrade version for 2022.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each version of PSE is independent. This means that you can have both PSEv.7 & PSEv..22 on the same computer.

You state that PSEv.22 (30-day trial) installed ok and works ok on your machine.

You can purchase the license for PSEv.22 from Adobe, and they may give you a discount as a repeat customer. However, you may get a better price from Amazon or one of the box stores, esp. at this time of the year. Shop around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So purchasing the "upgrade" license won't cause any installation issues.  I was worried the software wouldn't be able to tell I have 7.0 installed because it doesn't show under my account purchases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There really is nothing to validate here- if you show in your aobe account tthat you purchased 7.0 way back when, then PERHAPS you may get an option to say "I own a previous version" during the checkout process-- then you might get $20 knocked off the current price.  

Each new version is not an upgrade- it's an entirely new purchase, and an entirely new installation- it doesn't touch any of the old versiona.

Other than have a box that you cehck during the purchase "I own a previous version" you might have the option to save $20 during checkout, notice I said might. 

Other than that you have zero worries about purchasing the latest version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay that answers my question I think.  The software itself won't try to find my old version when I go to redeem the "upgrade" key.  Maybe I'm just overthinking it but I didn't wanna go and pay and have it tell me I don't own photoshop 7.0 since it can't see it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are overthinking it. Relax. There is no upgrade key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I didn't wanna go and pay and have it tell me I don't own photoshop 7.0 since it can't see it. 

Upgrading works in two different ways depending on whether you've already got the previous version installed.

1. Previous version is installed
    - You'll be asked for your Elements 2022 upgrade number.
    - The Elements 2022 upgrade will then find version 7 on your local hard drive (not in your online Adobe account) and the installation will complete.
  2. No previous version installed
    - You'll be asked for your Elements 2022 upgrade number.
    - The Elements 2022 upgrade will look for any previous version on your local hard drive.
    - When it does not find anything, you'll be prompted to enter your version 7 serial number and the installation will complete.

When buying upgrades, it's crucial to keep track of two serial numbers: upgrade and original.

Many people are not good at tracking serial numbers so they'll often opt for a new full version since its easier to reinstall - only need one serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I ultimately decided to just wait a week to see Black Friday deals before I commited.   Got lucky and bought the regular (not upgrade) key for elements and premeire 2022 for $75 at Adorama.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines