• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 9 - Older Version Download

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, I purchased Elements 9 back in 2010. I have a new PC and need to re-download it. I contacted the live support for Adobe. They said it was an old product, and they sent me here to the forums to find the link. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

My apologies, Viktela, I have requested that you be contacted directly by our support team and provided a download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week, Adobe took down many of the public-facing direct download links for older products, including for this particular version...

So only Adobe Customer Support has the ability to provide such installers. If they sent you to the User Forums to get them, then that is a dead end.

If you have registered your software and it is not available in your online Adobe account (as Greg suggested), then unfortunately, we here cannot help you "find the link" for this version, because it no longer exists in any form we can provide.

Suggest you take the open case back to them with this information. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the Contact Us link that is on the link I posted before, it will open up a support chatroom.

Snap10_2019.05.19_11h12m55s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already been to the "Contact Us" support chatroom. That's where they said they couldn't help me because my product was old. They said to come here and I would find the answer, which seemed cryptic. This is very frustrating, but I appreciate you guys trying to help. Greg, that first link you posted didn't help. I logged into my Adobe account, clicked "Plans," then clicked "Order History." I entered my serial number but it didn't work. It said I had no products, yet underneath that it said:

Adobe Photoshop Elements

[My Serial Number Was Here]

Version: 9.0

Platform: Windows

Registration Date: 10/4/2010

So it still somehow recognizes my serial number, just not well enough to allow me to download it. I guess I could buy Elements new, but it really pains me to have to buy it again. My old version worked just fine. I just have a new computer and need to download it again. Am I SOL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Try recontacting them, and pointing them to this thread, as well as to this article:

Adobe Limits Software Version Downloads, Including Some Direct Links

Them sending you here to the Forums is regrettably the wrong response, and won't help you... Only Adobe Customer Support has the power to help you now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did recontact them as per Pro's advice. I asked the chat representative to please read the past chat for me as well as this thread (I provided a link). They said yes they would read them and please stay on the line, which I did. About half hour later, they came back and said it looked like I had a technical problem. They then said they would connect me to a technical rep. After waiting an hour, I still hadn't heard from anyone. A few minutes later, the chat support disconnected itself. I suppose there is nothing else to be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very sorry to hear you've had these experiences.

Jeff A Wright​, can you help? What should Viktela do to resolve this case? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Viktela, sorry you are facing problems obtaining the installation files for Photoshop Elements 9.  You mentioned you spoke with a member of our support team, do you have a case number that I can reference?  You can find information on how to locate you recent support cases at View Adobe Support cases .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, hello - thank you. I looked it up as you directed and I see two recent case numbers; not sure why there are two but please reference both of them:

ADB-7211316-J5F0

ADB-7217653-S5Q2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, Viktela, I have requested that you be contacted directly by our support team and provided a download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very nice for Viktela, but why can the links not remain available for other users who purchased the software in the past? There have  been many posts from users who have a new computer without CD drive, or who have lost the disk,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hatstead, individuals who purchased their software from Adobe directly can use the process listed in Download older versions of Adobe apps to download the installation files.  If the software is not available then please contact our support team at Contact Customer Care so that a download link can be provided.  If the software is not already registered then please use the steps listed in Find your serial number to register the software on http://www.adobe.com/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I personally don't have a problem. I just raised the issue so that you would confirm the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post but this is inaccurate. I've purchased through download 3 differnt Adobe application and 1 in box. Not a single one of these applications shows up in my "account". After many years using Adobe the only thing my account recognizes is my name. Hard to belive a technology company can't manage a database with customer information in an industry thats pushing customers to download instead of buying physical copies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, my gratitude is boundless! I received the links and my beloved Elements 9 is now installed. Thank you, and a thank you to everyone else who participated in getting this issue solved for me - special thanks to ProDesignTools for hooking me up with Jeff. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Viktela, do you received the link for Elements 9.0.3 update? I received the link for Elements 9.0 and the updater software is unable to download 9.0.3. Thanks for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm sorry, mine is Elements 9.0.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to say a big SHAME ON YOU to Adobe for making this process more painful than it has to be and trying to extort more money from customers who have already bought their software by making the process arcane, onerous, and needlessly complex.  This is a lowlife scummy scammy kind of business model for sure.  I will never be purchasing adobe software again in the future because of this business practice.  Please let me know if you agree with this sentiment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. I purchased elements 9 and have a new PC I want to put it on. 

It's not shown anywhere in my account so it looks like it's "Buy it again sucker"

Sorry but I'll go elsewhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me. It's very frustating that's BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going crazy with this. I purchased this software 4 or 5 years ago. Just had a system crash so lost it. Bought a dvd to install it - installed and opened and got the messsage invalid serial #. I do not have files in Adobe that they mention to delete -- don't know where to go from here. Really tacky Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CellPhish, this is the Photoshop Elements forum.  If you registered Elements products, you will find download links on the Products page of your account. I don't think they will show up on the account page for which you have attached a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem I purchased adobe photoshop elements 9 back on 2010 now I have a new computer and I need to download to my new laptop what do indo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rosario34888731yrmu , click on the link in my last post.  Sign in with the Adobe account that you used to register the program and you will see a download link that you can use on your new computer.  It is best to sign out of the program on the old machine so that there will be no problem activating it on the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines