Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements back up and restore error message - Mac

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have moved to a new MacBook Pro and purchased/installed Elements 2022 as recommended by Adobe. I'm trying to Back Up and Restore from my old Mac which runs Elements 2018.

Following the page https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html carefully I sucesfully backed up onto a hard drive from the old Mac. The file backup.tly is in the back up folder. Following the Restore process I get an error message "The disk in drice xxx does not contain a valid backup". I have tried this using different hard drive back ups and each has the same error message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  @H5FCE ,

Are you selecting backup.tly file by clicking on it in the selection window?

Please have a look - https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/elements-2020-backup-restore-disc-quot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes thank you - I found that post through a Google search and tried it successfully - what a shame that the suggestion isn't included in the initial guidance as it would have saved a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines