• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Bridge 2020 with Mac Catalina

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge seems to download everything on my hard drive.  I only need .jpg and .tif files but I don't know how to set that up.  Can anyone help with this?  Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry that you're facing problems working with Bridge on macOS Catalina

Which version of Bridge are you using? 

Also, would you mind explaining the issue you're facing in some more detail? How exactly are you downloading all files from Bridge? 

Damaged preferences or workspaces can cause unexpected behavior in Adobe Bridge. Purging the cache can fix display issues for thumbnail previews.

You may start troubleshooting with the followting steps:
  • Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.
  • Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Somewhat baffled here by your questions. I am using Elements Bridge 2020, as noted in the title of my message to the group. Also Mac Catalina, as noted. As to the Elements, it is also Elements 2020. Do you need anything more."

As a matter of fact, nobody knowing Elements and Bridge can understand what you mean.

- Elements has its own assets manager, the organizer.

- You can use Bridge with Elements

- Bridge is a browser, the organizer is based on a catalog.

- Neither Bridge nor Elements store image files.

- "Bridge seems to download...". Bridge, as a browser, only scans what is on your drive.
Also I am not downloading anything. The software does the work.

There can't be any download that you don't start yourself one way or another. Can you explain if you mean downloading from a camera or a card reader? Or if the files are already on your computer?

The search engine has become very weak.

Bridge has many advantages and qualities, but it can't compete with catalog based softwares like the organizer or Lightroom Classic for fast and complex multicriteria searches.

If your question is about downloading (importing) only jpeg or tiff files on your computer from external sources, that's a question which has another meaning in the organizer or Lightroom, where you decide what to manage into catalogs.

I wonder if Bridge experts in the dedicated Bridge user to user forum could help you better:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/bd-p/bridge?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
HI. And thanks for your prompt reply with explanations, Michel.
I think you are correct in my language use...I meant importing not downloading which is something else.
Could you help me so that Bridge only sees (imports) the .jpg, .tiff, or png files? I'm getting a lot of odd file types along with the photos...like .cxf and .webp. This just started recently and I hope there is a way to weed this out of bridge. I have used Organizer in the past but prefer Bridge. Normally the search is very quick and I have learned to live with it's occasional slowness.
- Sandy

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com) Secure Email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines