Exit

Elements Editor 2021. Finding limited options for Clone Stamp Tool

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using : Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 19.0 (20210126.m.155261) x64

Windows Desktop

I am able to find only limited options for the Clone Stamp Tool.  There are no options for Rotate, Flip Horizontal, Flip Vertical.  I learned of these as described here:

Retouch and repair photos (adobe.com)

I have the Options Panel displayed below the picture I am editing (see attachment).  Older web posts have spoken of the Clone Source Panel under Windows, but no such option there for me.  (I thought perhaps "Source Panel" was different from "Options".  ??)  Thanks in advance.  ...Barry

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

The Help page that you link is for Photoshop CC.  Elements has a limited set of tools and does not include all of the options that the subscription Photoshop provides.  There are a number of Elements add-ons that may provide additional functionality.  I don't know whether they include these more advanced features for the Clone Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

As @Greg_S. has pointed out, you have been looking at the Photoshop User Guide not the Photoshop Elements Editor User Guide.
Here's the equivalent section on using the Clone Stamp Tool from the Photoshop Elements Editor User Guide:

Clone images or areas in an image 

And here's the section on using the Smudge Tool, which you'll be glad to hear, is indeed included in the Photoshop Elements Toolbox:

Use the Smudge tool 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Help page that you link is for Photoshop CC.  Elements has a limited set of tools and does not include all of the options that the subscription Photoshop provides.  There are a number of Elements add-ons that may provide additional functionality.  I don't know whether they include these more advanced features for the Clone Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering.  I will try and track down a list of what is in each.  For instance, today I was looking for the Smudge Tool which for now I will assume is not included in Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Greg_S. has pointed out, you have been looking at the Photoshop User Guide not the Photoshop Elements Editor User Guide.
Here's the equivalent section on using the Clone Stamp Tool from the Photoshop Elements Editor User Guide:

Clone images or areas in an image 

And here's the section on using the Smudge Tool, which you'll be glad to hear, is indeed included in the Photoshop Elements Toolbox:

Use the Smudge tool 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply and the links.  Indeed, I found the Smudge Tool when I went back and searched for it.  Didn't realize I had to look under the "waterdrop".  And didn't realize "Photoshop" was not "Photoshop Elements".  Appreciate it!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines