• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements -> online gallery with captions?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of software to generate (or present) an online album/gallery USING captions and notes from PSE?

I'd be OK with either an HTML generator (like jAlbum) or a service (like Google Photos, though it doesn't seem to do captions at all). The main thing is that I don't want to have to enter captions in some software or website that I might or might not continue with, and which is not tied to PSE. I want to enter captions (or notes -- some might be long) into PSE and be done with it.

I realize there are many choices, and I've used jAlbum, though it's been a few years. Getting captions from PSE is the sticking point.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add (since I don't see a way to edit): I'd be happy to create a file in Excel, CSV, or SQLite format as an interface, if there's a package that can get specs that way. I have read (and even updated) catalog files using SQLiteSpy in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I found out that PSE does embed the Caption and Notes when using Export, and jAlbum decodes the Caption. Though jAlbum does not decode the notes, the Caption in PSE18 allows a long enough entry for my purposes. (I think it was much smaller in PSE7.) So I have a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines