• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

elements on iMac

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Elements 13 on a new iMac 24". It crashes. Should I uninstall and buy Elements 22?

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a pretty sweeping question. I'll try to get the ball rolling, although I don't have anywhere near as much knowledge as some who read these discussions. Please choose "About this Mac" from the Apple menu and share with us some of the information you see, including OS version and machine model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Monterey Version 12.3.1
iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021) Chip Apple M1 Memory 8GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 13 will not work on a Monterey machine, particularly with an M1 chip.  So, yes, you will need to upgrade to Elements 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  and you will also have to use Rosetta 2 to operate the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to stick with elements and it limited support you'll have to get a new version. 
if you want more than a couple of months of support and (almost no) updates you could thing of other software. Personally I switched to affinity photo. Works fine, is cheaper and gets wayyyyyy longer support. 
It does not have the organiser function, but the editor is just as good. And the lack of support was for me a big issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines