• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements opens RAW photos as cropped versions

New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to edit my photos in Photoshop Elements 17.0 but a weird problem showed up: some photos won't open in full versions. They are missing segments from the top and the bottom. When I check the small pictures of the photos in the folder or if I open the photos in Microsoft's Photos application, the photos are okay. But as soon as I move to Photoshop Elements to edit the photos, they are missing parts as in they have been cropped even though I have not done that. This doesn't occur with all the photos, just with some.

Normally when I save a photo after editing it, the size is 5472x3648 if I don't use crop. With these photos the size is 5472x3078.

Why does this happen? What can I do to fix this?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

In the raw editing dialog, click and hold a few seconds the 4th icon (crop tool) on the top icon bar. This brings a contextual menu. The last option is 'set to original crop': does it restore the original crop?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the raw editing dialog, click and hold a few seconds the 4th icon (crop tool) on the top icon bar. This brings a contextual menu. The last option is 'set to original crop': does it restore the original crop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, thank you so much! Have to keep that in mind in case this happens again in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am glad this worked.

I have to say that the interface of the ACR window has changed in recent versions. You have to click on the 'crop' icon on the leftmost vertical bar to get the crop dialog. Cliking on that icon shows the crop rectangle; then the 'reset' icon will undo the crop. That interface is richer than before and includes the straighten, rotate an flip tools. The problem with the crop tool in the current implementation of PSE ACR is that it requires getting used to the new crop paradigm and it does not use the GPU, which makes it very slow and 'hit or miss'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines