Elements option to save to jpeg no longer there.

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 Elements last time I used 2 months ago save to jpeg was there now it is not. 

Save to copy option is not in my drop down File menu so that is not a fix option as many online videos have suggests. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen several random reports of this happening but no quick solution.  What OS are you using? 

If this option was previously available to  you, try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

If that doesn't work, I suggest that you do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the program.  Use this link to download the program for installation.  Please report back if this works for you. 

Your other option is to contact Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem. And camera raw did not work either. I reinstalled using link in Gregs message. Now everything works ok. My OS is Windows 10 home.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Lisa26141289xt29,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please help us with the following?

1. Do you have a file named 'Camera Raw.8bi' at the following location:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 20\File Formats?

2. Please share the screenshot of the file formats that are available in the File > Open and File > Save/Save As dialog boxes.

Regards,

Medha Sharma

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines